The Freedom Bed Extended Length 2185Mm Length [Par3-A3Fx]
The The Freedom Bed Extended Length 2185Mm Length [Par3-A3Fx] is a unique, computer-controlled, therapy system that manually or automatically turns the bed-user to different stable sleeping positions without the aid of caregivers or institutional staff.
The bed closely mimics the body's natural nocturnal motion by mechanically repositioning it in order to re-establish blood flow to compressed tissue and thus prevent the formation of life-threatening bedsores and other complications of immobility. The motion is timed (rather than random) when under computer control and the rate is adjustable to permit the accommodation of a wide variety of sleeping patterns. Clinical studies and testimonials confirm that the ultimate benefit of the Freedom BedTM is better health and an improved lifestyle for bed-users and their caregivers.
A key feature of the Freedom BedTM is its ease of operation. User-friendly control panels allow caregivers to easily program the bed for automatic use or to adjust any of the bed’s operations manually. Changing the operation of the bed from automatic to manual or from manual to automatic is a one-step procedure. Additionally, different styles of override buttons are available to accommodate the needs of users wanting to change the programming of the bed and to move from automatic to manual and vice versa. With the high number of features and functions available, there is also a system of safety “lock-outs” permitting the caregiver to determine the choice and number of functions that bed users may access from their control panel.
The functioning of the bed allows the user to be smoothly and quietly turned through a 60° range of rotation along the spinal axis- from the horizontal position to up to 30° left and 30° right. Rotation can be programmed to stop at any position to meet the specific comfort and positioning requirements of the user. Additionally it allows the bed to “dwell” at the programmed position (left, centre or right) for any period of time between one minute and a maximum of four hours. A typical turning schedule might be as follows:
- Horizontal for 30 minutes, then
- 23° right for 1 hour, then
- Horizontal for 30 minutes, then
- 27° left for 45 minutes
- The automated turning process allows for more frequent turning to address the multi-system pathophysiological events associated with immobility. Also referred to as kinetic therapy, this turning not only provides pressure relief to prevent or treat bedsores but it can also produce, for example, a dramatic reduction in the incidence of respiratory problems and urinary tract and bladder infections
- Significantly better quality of sleep since the bed-user does not have to be manually turned during the night and is not woken up by the bed turning. This creates better mental clarity, better health and an improved lifestyle, free from dependence on caregivers during the night
- The opportunity to live in a home setting instead of an institution
- Pain reduction
- The bed can still rotate when the torso is in a raised position up to 30°. This can be added to the Reverse Trendelenburg position, if suitable, for a maximum included angle of approximately 42°. A pillow adds more elevation again. Torso elevation is of significant benefit to people who are tube fed and/or respirator dependent.
- Prevention or reduction of gastro-esophageal reflux
- Better respiratory health and clearance of upper respiratory and oral secretions
- Reduction in spasticity and abnormal tone.
- Improved bowel regularity
- No dehydration and subsequent electrolyte imbalance since the bed creates no heat
- 2185mm Sleeping Surface
- 970mm Width
- 159kg Weight Capacity