Spex High-Contour Adjustable Cushion 14X16 [1105-1416-0Hc]
- Brand - Spex
- Size - 14X16
- Swl - 90 kg
- Type - Scripted Equipment
- Functional Benefits
- Strategic Position Base
- Pressure Rating & Characteristics
The Spex cushion is designed to create the optimum pelvic foundation for the wheelchair user. Well established and preferred by many professionals for its capacity to adjust on-the-spot in solving for both symmetrical and asymmetrical sitting postures. Spex cushion technology provides the key solution to positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system to further contour the cushion for correction or control.
The technology of the construction produces a broad distribution pattern with low peak pressures, and pressure analysis data suggest that the pressure distribution characteristics of the Spex cushion makes it an excellent candidate for people that are at risk of skin ulcers. Further pressure management and pressure redistribution is adjusted by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time.
Comes with washable Spacer fabric cover and BONUS incontinent cover
Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning and pressure requirements. Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Need high control of abduction/adduction propensities.
- Have changing postural needs over time.
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control.
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution.
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring.
- Have tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion.
- No maintenance required. A reliable, peace-of-mind solution!
- Created as the solution-solver for asymmetrical postures.
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client.
- Removable trochanter supports for pelvic obliquity or reduction, or build-up for hip flexion.
- Gel-foam ischial well evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and reduces shear forces in sensitive areas.
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16” +)
- Includes breathable ‘spacer’ fabric cover and bonus inner incontinence cover.
With the proven in-built adjustable base system, the Spex cushion can be configured to solve many different pelvis needs ranging from basic cushion stability up to difficult pelvic situations.
Modifications by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system further contour the cushion for correction, control, balance, stability, pressure redistribution and many other needs.
With adjustment being done at the base of the cushion, the upper foam layers are unaffected and don’t cause bottoming-out or further pressure risks.
Configurations can be easily made so pressure is redistributed from the ischial tuberosities and coccyx onto the trochanters and femurs for enhanced load bearing and stability.
With treating each leg independently via the cells it is easy to obtain optimum positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively, and this process can be carried out without limit by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time for changing postural needs.
Obliquity adjustment is simple and can be built up with the 10mm pads to create the correct hight required.
The Spex cushion can be adapted on-the-spot to suit individual pelvic needs including:
- Pelvic obliquity
- Tight hamstrings
- Posterior pelvic tilt
- Anterior pelvic tilt
- Limited hip flexion (one side or both)
- Extensor thrust
- Pelvic rotation
- And much more!
Below are some common adjustments to the strategic base:
Our Spex cushions have been laboratory tested in USA for pressure characteristics. Please note that this was tested using a standard Spex cushion without any contouring done to the positioning base.
Data demonstrated that pressure readings across all five zones (L/R Trochanter, L/R Ischial Tuberosity and Sacrum) show smooth transitions without significant peaks in pressure for both test cushions. The readings indicate good pressure distribution over the entire sitting surface.
Custom Pre-Ischial Shelf Stockcode: 1111-0315-000
Front ramping option available - please specify mm.Custom Hip Belt Slots Stockcode: 1111-0296-000
Refer above image.Custom Pommel Strap Slot Stockcode: 1111-0297-000
Refer above image.
Custom Inbuilt Abductor Pommel Stockcode: 1111-0294-000 Custom Inbuilt Adductor Thigh Guides Stockcode: 1111-0295-000
Refer above image.
Rear cut-outs for backrest canes Stockcode: 1111-0291-000 Custom cut-out for Leg Length Discrepancy Stockcode: 1111-0292-000
Refer above image. Please specify Left or Right Side.High Contouring for front Half of cushion only Stockcode: 1111-0325-000 Extra layer of soft SunMate® overlay Stockcode: 1111-0391-000 Cushion rear corner ties (attaches cushion to backrest canes) Stockcode: 1111-0365-000 Custom fabric choice for top surface of cushion Stockcode: 1111-0399-000
- Spextex smooth side facing out
- Spextex fabric side facing out
- Other, please specify
Removable and repositionable.Supracor® Covers Stockcode: 1111-0431-000
Cushion envelope cover with Supracor® insert supplied. Adds 13mm to cushion height. Provides maximum heat and sweat reduction.Gel Options
Waffle gel insert in ischial region (sizes up to 16" x 18")
Waffle gel insert in ischial region (sizes from 16" x 20" to 20" x 20")
Waffle gel complete overlay (up to 20" x 20")