Repose Cushion With Pump 
The Repose Cushion has been designed for use on a static chair where it has been proven to be comfortable as well as providing effective pressure redistribution. Suitable for use in all Healthcare settings, with proven Hospital durability.
The Repose pressure redistribution cushion comes packed inside a unique and easy to use pump, which enables the air cushion to be inflated ready for use within seconds and automatically ensures that the product is inflated to the correct pressure.
- Adjustable straps securely fasten the cushion to the chair
- Low Air technology distributes weight evenly so the cushion doesn’t lose its shape
- Designed to relieve pressure on soft tissue areas and provide comfort
- Lightweight for easier transport
- Easy to clean and will deflate down to a compact size
- Helps distribute pressure evenly
- Use with or without sheets
- Repose can be cleaned and reused across multiple patients
- Contents: 1 x Cushion & 1 x Small Pump
- Inflated Dimensions Repose Cushion L 450mm x W 450mm
- Max Patient Weight: 139kg
- Inflation, deflation and repacking instructions: Please see download tab for instructions.
- Cleaning instructions: Please click here for cleaning guidance.
Repose products provide effective pressure redistribution for all people at risk of developing pressure ulcers, including those assessed as very high risk. Repose is also appropriate for users with pressure related tissue damage – clinical supervision is advised where the damage is severe.
LIMITATIONS FOR USE
Repose is not suitable for the following:
- Persons weighing in excess of 139kg
- Persons with unstable spinal fractures
- Where body shape is such that the person cannot be fully supported by the Repose mattress overlay or cushion
- Repose is suitable for use with bed and trolley side rails subject to the bed or trolley manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate risk assessment
If deterioration in skin condition is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, use of the product discontinued. Avoid direct contact with heat and sharp objects. When deflated, keep away from babies and small children due to risk of suffocation or entrapment. Keep away from pets.
A review of evidence for use of the Repose product range
Wounds UK Journal, November 2015, Volume 11, Issue 4
SAMANTHA HOLLOWAY, Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff
Pressure Relief With Visco-Elastic Foam or With Combined Static Air Overlay? A Prospective, Crossover Randomized Clinical Trial in a Dutch Nursing Home
Wounds Journal Vol. 25, No. 10 October 2013
Martin van Leen, MD1; Prof Steven Hovius, MD, PhD2; Ruud Halfens, PhD3; Jacques Neyens, PT, PhD3,4; Prof Jos Schols, MD, PhD3.
A long-term durability assessment of static air filled pressure redistribution devices in the community setting
Maria Poole Lead Nurse Tissue Viability, Wolverhampton PCT Anne Coghlan Wound Care Sister, South Staffordshire PCT
Repose: the cost-effective solution for prompt discharge of patients
THE BRITISH JOURNAL OF NURSING, 2000, Vol 9, No.21
Sylvie Hampton, Independent Tissue Viability Consultant Nurse, Eastbourne