Repose Cushion With Pump 
New Repose Contur Acute is a pressure redistribution cushion overlay for clinical chairs utilising the Repose tried and trusted inflatable air cell and ‘smart valve’ technologies.
Offering pressure area care to the seat, back and leg sections, it secures to the chair easily and safely with straps and thus it can either be fitted to new chairs or be a straightforward retro-fit for users who already have a chair and require a specialist support surface.
Key Features & Benefits
- Specially formulated extra resistant to chemical disinfectants, especially chlorine.
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit on a range of chair sizes.
- Repose tried and trusted single air cell and smart valve technologies.
- The zip has an integral cover flap for added protection against fluid ingress.
- Provides pressure redistribution across the whole surface for the at-risk areas of the body – sacrum, buttocks, scapulae, vertebrae, shoulders, back of head.
- Sophisticated technology in a simple to use recliner chair overlay cushion.
- Secure strap system allows for straightforward retro-fit or new chair use.
- The cover can be wiped down or machine washed at 60ºC.
- Cost effective method to provide pressure area care to a recliner chair.
- Clinically and highly cost effective
- 6 way stretch fabric provides maximum patient comfort.
- Patient is supported in a single cell cushion of air.
- Soft and smooth support surface minimises friction reducing shear forces
- Minimises deformation of underlying tissue
- Easy to clean and disinfect
- Durable and reusable
- Easy set up and storage
- No electrical requirement
- No undulating movement
Repose products provide effective pressure redistribution for all people at risk of developing pressure ulcers, including those assessed as very high risk. Repose® adopts the most natural and effective method of pressure relief and redistribution by reducing the pressure exerted at the interface between the patient and the supporting surface. This is achieved by maximizing the contact surface area and redistributing pressure without compromising surrounding tissue.
- Contents: 1 x Repose Contur Acute Inflatable Inner Section, 1 x Contur Acute Cover and 1 x Large Pump
- Inflated dimensions: L 1715mm x W 485mm x H 100mm
- Inflated Back Section dimensions: L 650mm x W 485mm
- Inflated Seat Section dimensions: L 500mm x W 485mm
- Inflated Leg Section dimensions: L 520mm x W 485mm
- Weight: 1 kg
Tip: Purchase a second cover for incontinence users.
It will give the user the flexibility to change to the spare cover when the used one needs to be washed and to not have to use the cushions without any cover nor wet.
Very High Risk - Products are developed specifically to meet the needs of hospital grade application. Features typically include maximum pressure redistribution capabilities and therapeutic benefits; specialised infection control and in-built microbial protection; superior technology and functionality; premium construction. Usually suited to patients with little or no mobility, cognitive impairment, and/or high clinical need and carer dependence (Source: Novis Healthcare)
Glamorgan Pressure Injury Risk Assessment is a reference guide to determine whether the patient is at risk, high risk or very high risk of having a pressure injury. Click Here to learn more.
Pan Pacific Clinical Practice Guideline for the Prevention and Management of Pressure Injury - CLICK HERE to read full guidelines.
Recommended additional reading:
WARNING! - It's very important that the patient is assessed by a qualified healthcare professional. Each patient condition is different and often requires different approaches. We DO NOT recommend using this information solely as a guide - specially without assistance from a healthcare professional. Please contact your doctor or your local hospital for assistance.
- Approved-by - DVA
- Brand - MacMed
- Risk - Very High Risk
- Swl - 139kg
- Type - Air