Cushion Equagel Adjustable Protector 22 X 18 [8-400027-10]
The EquaGel™ Adjustable Protector Cushion - Customized Pressure Therapy
- 100% EquaGel™
- 2 ½” tall EquaGel™ in two stages.
- The top layer is thin wall gel and a tight grid for a comfort layer.
- The bottom layer is thicker wall gel and a wide grid for deep posture support.
- The pelvic area of the cushion is contoured to more evenly distribute a user’s weight than flat cushions, while retaining 1 3/4” of buckling gel under the pressure points.
- Fluid resistant, Vapor permeable, flame resistant cover
- Included are two different pelvic contour inserts that can increase the amount of therapeutic gel under the pelvis from 1 ¾” to 2”, 2 ¼”, or 2 ½” deep.
- The gel contour inserts are slipped into the fabric pocket inside the cover, beneath the gel. You may customize your cushion by using no insert, only the thin, only the thick, or both inserts. Insert them with the rounded edges going into the fabric sleeve first, grid side up.
What is EquaGel™ and How Does it Work?
EquaGel™ is a dry-polymer gel, almost rubbery to the touch. It has unbelievable tensile and compression strength and incredible durability; but these are not what make EquaGel™ special. Its most amazing feature is the column buckling.
Simply put, column buckling refers to the way EquaGel™ behaves under weight. Each wall of gel is capable of supporting only a light load.
When that threshold is exceeded, the wall of gel buckles into the hollow area between walls and passes the weight to the surrounding walls for support. This “buckling and weight-passing” happens instantly and repeatedly until the maximum surface area of pressing weight is evenly supported by largely equalized pressure (hence our name, EquaPressure).
The peak pressure points of the ischial tuberosities and the coccyx/sacrum buckle into the EquaGel™ feeling almost as if they are freefloating within the cushion while the thighs and buttock of the user are supported.
Each cushion also utilizes a two-stage buckling approach. The top of the cushion as a small grid of gel that is extra sensitive of pressure needs, it is the comfort layer. This top layer buckles easily and allows the parts of a user that need support to sink into the lower layer, the support layer, while holding the rest of the user up in good posture.
Some of our cushions also feature a pelvic contour. This gentle contouring mimics the natural sitting shape and further distributes pressure away from sensitive areas.
This item is in the DVA approved range.
Notice: All products must be applied through the standard DVA process. This range is only available as a reminder on what is available on the contract. Please contact our friendly team for assistance.
Prescribers - Click here to download Direct Order Form.