"Oh, no! It's raining!"
Mobility scooters are not meant to be wet, but, in real life, the wet weather cannot be controlled. So, what can I do?
Your power equipment is equipped with electronics, and direct or prolonged exposure to water or dampness may cause malfunction electronically and mechanically. Water can cause the electrical components to corrode and the frame of your electric wheelchair to rust.
If you are out and rain suddenly hits, we advise you to:
- Try to avoid large puddles.
- Depending on the severity - find shelter until the storm passes.
- Thoroughly dry your power equipment with a towel as soon as possible; Wipe down all surfaces of the chair.
- Allow your power equipment to sit in a warm, dry place for 12 hours to allow unseen water to evaporate.
- Check the operation of the joystick and the brakes before using your electric wheelchair again.
- If you find any inconsistencies, call our service department.
- Still unsure? Give us a call.
We have qualified technicians available to help you out. Click here to learn more.
Waterproof covers are helpful. Our recommendations:
Have a GoGo LX scooter and the battery will not recharge. Do I need a new battery or can my be fixed.
What cost may I be looking at. Thank you.